INGREDIENTS 12 ripe large tomatoes 16 tbsp glutinous rice 2 bunches of fennel 4 grated carrots 8 finely chopped onions 2 grated artichokes 4 grated zucchinis 2 teaspoons sugar 2 cups olive oil Horio Koroneiki variety 1/2 teaspoon oregano 7 large vine leaves Horio Classic olive oil for baking Salt, pepper
- Rinse and cut open the tomatoes, removing their cup with a knife.
- Carefully remove their flesh with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the empty tomatoes with some salt and turn upside down to drain their liquid.
- Melt tomatoes’ flesh and put in a deep bowl, along with Horio Koroneiki variety olive oil, onions, carrots, artichokes, zucchinis, fennel, rice, oregano, sugar and salt and pepper. Mix.
- With this mixture, fill the empty tomatoes and shut them with their cup.
- Place them in a pan and spread vine leaves atop, so that tomatoes don’t get burned.
- Grate a large tomato over the pan, sprinkle with Horio Classic olive oil and bake in preheated oven at 150C for 1 ½ hour.
- 15 minutes before the end, remove vine leaves and leave the food in the oven until tomatoes turn slightly brown.
- Serve warm or in room temperature.