INGREDIENTS 125 gr Horio margarine with greek yogurt 120 gr sugar 80 gr orange juice 1 kilo all-purpose flour 5 gr baking powder diluted in warm water
INGREDIENTS For the stuffing 100 gr finely chopped walnuts 150 gr finely chopped raw almonds 2 gr cinnamon powder 2 gr powdered clove Zest from 2 lemons 30 gr Horio margarine with greek yogurt 80 gr honey Some hot water Rose water (for sprinkling) Powdered sugar (for sprinkling)
- At low speed, mix Horio margarine with greek yogurt, sugar and orange juice, until mixture becomes fluffy.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and add baking powder.
- Stop the mixer and add warm water, until you have a soft, non-sticky dough.
- Cover dough with kitchen film and leave to rest for half an hour.
Making of the filling
- Finely chop walnuts and almonds with the help of a blender.
- In a bowl, put the nuts, the spices, lemon zest and Horio margarine with greek yogurt and mix with a spoon.
- In another bowl dilute honey in hot water and add this honey mixture in the previous bowl (step 2) and homogenize.
Composing our treats
- Stretch the dough with a rolling pin.
- With a round cookie mold, cut pieces out of the dough, fill them with the stuffing and envelope them like a handkerchief or a crescent moon.
- Put treats on a pan spread with greasing paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for approximately 30′.
Finish with sprinkling
- Remove baking pan from the oven and leave to cool.
- Sprinkle treats with rose water and powdered sugar.