INGREDIENTS 4 medium zucchinis ½ kilo mince ½ cup long grain rice 2 tbsp raisins 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp cardamom ¼ tsp allspice ¼ tsp black pepper 1 tbsp Horio tomato paste
INGREDIENTS Tomato sauce 1 tbsp Horio PDO Kalamata olive oil 2 tsp garlic, minced 1 small onion, finely chopped 700 gr canned chopped tomatoes 1 tbsp Horio tomato paste 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped 2 cups chicken broth Salt and pepper as desired
- Wash zucchini and cut a horizontal slice from each end.
- Use a spoon to remove the inside of the zucchinis and set them aside.
- In a bowl mix mince with rice, raisins, dill, mint, salt, cardamom, allspice, pepper and tomato paste.
- Stuff zucchinis with the mixture.
- In a large pot heat olive oil.
- Sauté garlic for 1 minute and then add onion. Sauté until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and mint.
- Put the stuffed zucchinis into the pot and spread all around the tomato sauce.
- Add the broth and cover the pot with the lid.
- Simmer over low heat for about 1 hour.
- Remove the zucchinis from the pot and increase the heat.
- Cook the tomato sauce until all liquids be absorbed, for about 10 minutes.
- Taste and add some salt and pepper if needed.
- Put zucchinis back in the pot in order to heat them up and serve.