- With a wire whisk, mix the dry ingredients (flour, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl add the avocado, sugar and Olive Oil. We beat with the wire whisk until the avocado is completely smooth and then add the honey, zest, lemon juice and the vanilla (if we are using powdered vanilla then we add in the large bowl with the other dry ingredients.) Then beat with the whisk and add water. Mix well.
- Add the avocado mix into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir with a whisk until we can no longer see the flour. Then add the poppy seed and mix in as well.
- We split the mix into 12 equal portions and place into a muffin pan (12 muffins in total) and bake for 20-22 minutes. We check whether they are ready by placing a toothpick in the middle of one of the muffins. If it comes out dry or with a few crumbs, the muffins are ready. We let the muffins cool off for 5 minutes and then place on a grill to cool off completely.
- When the muffins are completely cool, we mix the powdered sugar with the lemon juice until a thick glaze is formed. We add more lemon juice if we want it less thick, drop by drop. We spread on the muffins.
Quantities while pastry making need to be exact: one tblsp is 15 ml, while one tsp is 5ml.