INGREDIENTS Ingredients make 2 tarts
INGREDIENTS For the dough 2 cups all-purpose flour 2/3 cup Horio butter Corfu type in room temperature 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar 1/2 cup grated almonds 1 egg 1 pinch of salt For the chocolate filling: 3/4 cup sour cream 150 gr dark chocolate 1 tbsp Horio butter Corfu type 1 egg
INGREDIENTS For the vanilla cream 1/2 cup sour cream 1/3 cup mascarpone 2 vanilla sticks (slice lengthwise and scrape seeds with a knife) 2 tbsp sifted confectioner’s sugar
INGREDIENTS For the caramel sauce 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup lukewarm sour cream 3 tbsp Horio butter Corfu type in room temperature
- For the dough: In a large bowl mix flour, Horio butter Corfu type, sugar, confectioner’s sugar, almonds, egg and salt (all ingredients), until homogenized.
- Roll dough in a ball, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough on a floured surface so that it fits tart pan. Put in tart pan and leave 1cm extra dough.
- Press dough and pierce base with a fork. Cover in wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 10-14 minutes, until slightly brown. Leave aside.
- For the filling: Switch off oven and leave its door slightly open.
- Break chocolate in pieces and leave aside.
- In a pot put milk, cream and Horio butter Corfu type. Cook until warm and immediately add chocolate. Mix until chocolate melts.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and slowly add chocolate mixture. Put mixture in tart and leave in switched off oven for 15 minutes with its door closed.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 2-3 hours.
- For the vanilla cream: Mix all ingredients (cream, mascarpone, vanilla and confectioner’s sugar) for 4-5 minutes until firm.
- For the caramel sauce: Melt sugar in a pot over medium heat. Do not stir until it melts (should have turned gold).
- Remove from heat, mix with a wooden spoon and gradually add sour cream. Add butter and continue mixing.
- Return on low heat for 5-10 seconds, continually stirring. Let cool.
- Serve tart with cream and caramel sauce.