INGREDIENTS 3 large ripe tomatoes (unpeeled) 1 cup of mashed potatoes powder 2 large finely chopped onions 2 finely chopped spring onions 1 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley or mint 1 tsp baking powder 2-3 tblsp all-purpose flour 1 ½ cup Horio Classic olive oil for frying Salt, pepper
- Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds.
- Blend tomatoes until finely chopped, but not totally mashed.
- Leave tomatoes in a strainer to drain for 1 hour.
- Put drained tomatoes in a bowl and add onions, parsley, baking powder, mashed potatoes powder, flour, salt and pepper. Mixture is supposed to be thick, so, if necessary, add some extra flour.
- Put Horio Classic olive oil in a non-stick pan and let it warm up.
- Create balls with the mixture and carefully put every ball into hot oil. Fry over high heat until evenly brown.
- After frying, remove from pan and lay them over a kitchen paper to drain. Serve hot.