- Pour the milk in a pot. While it’s still cold, add the semolina and stir until it is dissolved. Reduce the heat and keep stirring using a wooden spoon.
- When the mixture begins to curdle, add the sugar and Horio butter Corfu type while stirring constantly.
- Remove the pot from the fire. When the cream cools, add the eggs (after beating them well), the vanilla and some salt, while continuing to stir.
- Grease a medium sized baking tray with Horio Cow butter and lay the phyllo sheets (which have also been greased) so as to cover the bottom and the inner walls of the tray (watch out for air pockets.)
- Pour the cream in the tray and even out with a fork. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake it for 1 hour at 200 C (careful that the cream does not burn on the surface.)
Note: Optional, before putting the cream in the oven, beat 2 egg yolks with some water and brush the cream’s surface with the mixture.