INGREDIENTS 750 gr. self-rising flour 400 gr. sugar 300 gr. Χωριό Βούτυρο Αγελάδος 1 pinch of salt 7 eggs 1 shot of brandy zest and juice of 1 orange 1 vanilla entire cloves and almond kernel for cake decoration
- Sieve the flour.
- In a mixer, put Χωριό Βούτυρο Αγελάδος, the sugar and the salt and beat them well until pale white and fluffy.
- Add one by one the yolks of the 6 eggs and keep beating the mixture for 5 more minutes.
- Add the zest, the vanilla, the juice and the brandy.
- Add the egg whites to tight meringue.
- In the egg yolks mixture add the flour alternately with the meringue and mix gently.
- Butter an aluminum or stainless steel tray and pour in the batter.
- With a fork, whisk the last egg and use it to brush the cake. Finally, decorate it with the cloves and the almond kernel.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 55 minutes at 180°C. Let the cake in the interior of the oven with the oven turned off for about 5 minutes and then put it on a gridiron in order to get cool.
- Sift powdered sugar on it to serve (optional).