- Remove the chestnut skin with a knife and boil in a pot full of water (when they float to the surface they are ready).
- Drain them and peel their interior skin, as well as, the fuzz.
- Pass the chestnuts through a sift or a puree machine and put them in a small bowl.
- Add Horio cow butter (or Horio Creamy butter), the sugar, the liqueur, the vanillas and the finely grated chocolate.
- Mix the ingredients together in order to homogenize into smooth dough.
- By hand, take small quantities of the dough and mold into small balls, the size of a walnut. Roll them in the sliced almonds, making sure that they are evenly spread around the dough.
- Put the truffles in the baking cups and place them on a platter.
- Put the platter in the fridge for about 12 hours.
You may replace the almonds with chocolate truffle.