INGREDIENTS 1 kilo octopus (fresh or frozen) 2 cups of white bread (without the crust) ½ cup red wine 2 cups red TOP vinegar 2 large chopped onions 1 tblsp oregano Salt, pepper
INGREDIENTS For frying 2 cups flour 2-3 cup Horio Classic olive oil
- If the octopus is fresh, we clean and remove mouth, eyes, sand and ink pouch.
- Place in the freezer for 3-4 days so it can soften.
- If the octopus is frozen, we allow to defrost (not completely) and then clean by following step 1.
- Then we place in a meat grinder.
- Place the minced octopus in a strainer to drain all liquids.
- Soak bread in wine and vinegar.
- Then, squeeze excess wine and vinegar from bred and add the octopus, onion, oregano, salt and pepper.
- If the mixture is loose, add a tablespoon flour.
- Kneed into round, ball shapes and cover entire surface with flour.
- Fry in plenty of hot olive oil until golden color.
- Place octopus-ball on paper towels so that excess oil can be absorbed.
- Serve hot or in room temperature.