IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
It may be that we have found a recipe that requires poached eggs, or we have woken up one weekend morning with a deep longing for poached eggs.
Therefore, we have recorded the method and have gathered the best tips on how to make poached eggs to use them on pizza, over salad, on open sandwiches with avocado, or on fried potatoes with grated Horio feta or graviera cheese!
Tips for successful poached eggs:
- Always use fresh eggs.
- Simmer water in a pot, but be careful not to boil.
- Break eggs separately in small cups or bowls.
- Add some vinegar in the water (optional – some use this method so that the whites stick close to the yolk).
- Make a small whirlpool in the simmering water, so the egg white embraces yolk as you immerse it in water.
- Put eggs slowly in the water, one by one.
- Leave for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper so that egg becomes relatively dry.
- Tip: Water should not be boiling. If this is hard to achieve, it’s better to leave it boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Tip: Do not add salt to the water, because the egg will ‘break’.
- Tip: A fresh egg will give the best result.
Get inspired by recipes that could include poached eggs:
- French Toast with Anthotyro Cream
- Pizza with spinach, fried eggs and Horio Organic Feta Cheese
- Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon
- Omelet Recipes
- Breakfast ideas from Horio
- Avocado: The ultimate healthy super food
- Pizza recipes from Horio