IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
Homemade lemonade, refreshing, fresh, whenever you need it!
Lemonade is not exclusively a summer drink. We enjoy it every month and here at Horio, we have the recipe and method with which we can make lemonade using our fresh lemons whenever we want it. How can we accomplish this? You may ask – it’s simple!
What we’ll need:
- 6 lemons (and the lemon zest of one lemon)
- 150 gr sugar (1 cup is 200gr, so we should probably calculate about 2/3 of a cup)
- 1.5 liters boiled water
- We boil 1.5 liters of water.
- We get the juice of 6 lemons and strain the lemon juice so as to remove any bits and pieces of lemon.
- In a bowl, we mix the lemon juice, sugar and lemon zest.
- In the same bowl, we add the boiling water and mix as well.
- We allow the lemonade to cool very well and then place in the fridge (in bottles.)
- We enjoy homemade lemonade whenever we want it!
- Lemonade goes perfectly with mint and parsley. When serving the lemonade in a pitcher, add one of these herbs, some ice, and enjoy.
- If we find the lemonade too sweet for our liking or, alternatively, too thin, we can always make changes to the dosage.
- Adding an alcoholic beverage of your choice into the pitcher, or a liquor into ones glass, can elevate our lemonade to a cocktail status!
Recipes that pair nicely with homemade lemonade (evening with friends, breakfast, snacks)
- Grandma’s Walnut pie
- Chocolate Cake
- Blondies with Tahini and Horio Cow’s Butter
- Sweet Avocado and Lemon Muffins
- Hazelnut and Chocolate Cake
- Cereal Bars with Oats, Hazelnuts and Pistachios
- Orange, couverture and nut Cake
- Apple and marmalade cake
- Raisins and walnuts cake with orange glaze
- Sesame cookies
- Delicious honey biscuits
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Butter biscuits
- Fluffy biscuits
- Olive oil cookies
- Homemade glazed brioche (tsoureki)
- Banana-walnut & raisin muffin
- Multigrain Waffles with Seasonal Fruit
- Apple & nut filled Tsoureki (Greek traditional sweet bread)
- Orange Cookies