IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
Apricot, the tasty summer fruit! When fresh, its aroma fills our kitchen and inspires for great culinary creations!
It is one of the healthiest fruits in the world, loaded with all sorts of nutritious and absolutely useful components for our body. It is estimated that 100 grams of fresh apricots give 12% of Vitamin C, 12% of Vitamin A and 6% of Potassium that is required by our body – all with less than 50 calories.
We can enjoy it in many ways – in recipes for desserts, jams, plain, or even in tasty drinks!
Let’s learn more about this favorite summer fruit:
Fresh from the garden
Late spring to late summer (in Greece).
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
How is it good for us
- Protects and enhances vision
- Dissolves fat and increases metabolism
- Strengthens digestive process
- Protects the heart and increases good cholesterol
- Removes toxins
- Shields our body from anemia
- Brightens our skin
- Strengthens bones
- When buying apricots, choose the ones in good condition that are not scratched or crinkled.
- Apricots don’t need peeling before eating; just make sure you thoroughly wash them with water.
Fast meal with apricot
- Prepare a platter with Horio graviera cheese, along with fresh or dried apricots and other summer fruits (strawberries, grapes), sprinkle with TOP Balsamic Cream and serve.
- In yogurt, add honey and fresh apricots and a few nuts.
- Fresh or dried apricots can also be added in salads.
- In a blender, put some fresh apricots, beat well, put juice in a glass with lots of ice and enjoy a cool fresh apricot juice.
Recipes with apricot
- Pasta flora (Greek Jam Tart) with apricot marmalade
- Pasta flora with marmalade and Horio margarine with greek yogurt
- How to make delicious pancakes