IMPROVE THE WAY YOU COOK
The best mayonnaise is the one we make at home, with fresh ingredients!
We suggest an easy and quick homemade mayonnaise recipe made with Horio Classic olive oil that will perfectly match any recipe with chicken, salad, cold pasta salads, potato salad, tuna salad, french fries and many more!
Keep a jar or an appropriate airtight container handy in order to transfer and store mayonnaise in the refrigerator, or use in a recipe right away – mayonnaise will be ready in five minutes!
For better results, leave all ingredients in room temperature for a while.
Recipe makes about 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- 1 fresh large egg
- 1 cup Horio Classic olive oil
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice (plus more if we wish, in the end)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp cosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly grounded white or black pepper (black gives darker color to the mayonnaise)
- In a blender mix egg, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper, until combined.
- With blender still running, add Horio Classic olive oil really slowly, in a steady thin stream, until mayonnaise becomes thick and smooth.
- Taste and add some drops of lemon juice if you prefer it more sour.
- Store in airtight vase or container for 5-7 days.
Recipes with mayonnaise
- Tuna salad with eggs and mayonnaise
- Sweet and sour apple and vegetables salad
- Feta cheese and egg salad
- Chicken and graviera cheese salad